I love skincare that you can eat, and the Honey Mask tops my favorite homemade beauty mask. Having acne prone skin, I use this mask at least once a week and swear by it. It has dramatically improved the appearance and quality of my skin, reducing breakouts and evening out my complexion.
Some benefits of honey:
• Acne: Honey is a natural antibacterial, so it is great for acne treatment and prevention.
• Aging: Full of antioxidants, it is great for slowing down aging.
• Complexion boost: It is extremely moisturizing and soothing, so it helps create a glow.
• Pores: Honey is clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
1) Cleanse and rinse your face with luke-warm water
2) Pat dry leaving the face a little bit moisten for the honey to glide on
3) Use 2 teaspoon of honey and apply a thin layer using your hands( make sure it is clean) or a fan brush
4) Let the mask sit for 10-20 minutes and then rinse
5) Apply a moisturizer
For sensitive acne skin use
- 2 teaspoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of aloe vera
Aloe Vera has soothing properties to help sooth inflammation and calm the skin.
For the moderate to severe acneic skin type, do this mask every single day for a least two weeks to get your skin started. Reduce to twice a week and then once a week. Make sure to drink plenty of water and eat a healthy and nutritious meal!
For best results use unfiltered, raw honey because it is more potent and contains a higher dose of beneficial vitamins to aid the skin.